Stained Fingers Dye Camp is back for 2014. Come to our home studio and frolic with yarn, fibre and colour.
New dates! July 28-31 – space available – Apply by clicking here.
Waiting list only:
– July 21-24 (with optional add-on open studio day: July 25)
– August 11-14 (with optional add-on open studio day: August 15) note: the Fibre Fling (annual open house) is August 16
What is Dye Camp?
- 4 day course, starting with basic dyeing techniques, and allowing for lots of playing and experimentation. Learn how to mix colours and repeat results. Learn a variety of dyeing techniques including kettle dyeing, hand painting, ombre dyeing, dyeing gradations and more.
- maximum 7 students per course, with very individual instruction and direction. (so if 4 people want to work on entirely different ideas? It can be done) This course is equivalent to private lessons, with lots of one-on-one instruction
- returning students are welcome! We will spend some time with you to talk about what you’d like to work on in your time here.
Our home studio in Haliburton ON (approximately 3 hours north of Toronto)
$500 course and materials (+HST)
Additional Studio Day (optional) $50 + HST
A number of payment options will be made available to you. (monthly, deferred payment, pay now now now!)
Yarn (with the exception of yarn for samples) is not included in the material fee. Yarn may be purchased from us or you may choose to bring your own. Please do not bring yarn from other dyers to “overdye” (out of respect for their work). A price list will be provided early so that you’re aware of what’s available to you and how much to budget.
Travel and accommodation is your responsibility. There are B&B’s, motels, a bigger hotel and some small cottage resorts/rental cottages, etc. We will send you information about local accommodation, along with recommendations and information about local amenities. We can also link you with other students who wish to share accommodation and travel.
If you have further questions prior to registration, please ask here or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org